Readings - Quaternary Geology
Selected Readings in Western Subarctic Quaternary Geology
Bobrowsky 1990 - Archaeological Geology of Sites in Western Canada
- focus your reading on general notes regarding quaternary history, including Beringia and the Ice-Free Corridor, and the Yukon Territory section.
Thorson 1990 - Geological Contexts of Archaeological Sites in Beringia
- this is an excellent primer on the topic; pay particular attention to the sections on peri-glacial sedimentary processes that effect archaeological sites in the North.
Froese and Zazula 2003 - Mammoth Conference Field Guide
- provides a good over-view of various aspects of Yukon geology and paleontology; don't worry too much about the field trip specifics.
Froese et al. 2001 - Field Guide to Quaternary Research in Central and Western Yukon Territory
- similar content to Froese and Zazula 2003, but with some differences.
Robinson 2001 - Extending the Late Holocene White River Ash Distribution, Northwestern Canada
- one of a number of studies on this important volcanic eruption, the ash of which you will encounter in your work this summer; reading it will provide you with a general overview of previous work.
Moody et al. 1992 - Northern Athapaskan Oral Traditions and the White River Volcano
- summarizes native accounts still told of this cataclysmic event, the year of two winters.
Respond to this message!
Last update: Saturday, May 26, 2012 at 5:07:01 PM
Copyright 2013 ANTH 225 Norman Alexander Easton