Zenith Space Mission 2007
Experiment 1- Fine Fingers
Purpose: To demonstrate the sensitivity of touch.
Materials: 10 different grades of sandpaper.
1) Megan thought she would be able to order the sandpaper according to grades of roughness while blindfolded.
2) Jessica did not think she would be able to order the sandpaper according to grades of roughness while blindfolded.
1) Blindfold the test subject.
2) Mix up the sandpaper samples and place them on the table.
3) Instruct the test subject to order the samples according to the grades of roughness.
4) Record the results.
1) Megan's hypothesis was correct because she was able to order the pieces of sandpaper from roughest to smoothest.
2) Jessica's hypothesis was incorrect because she was able to order the pieces of sandpaper from roughest to smoothest.
Both of them got everything correct which means that they both have a great sense of touch.
The skin is the largest sensory organ of the body. The skin is sensitive to many different kind of stimuli., such as touch, pressure, and temperature.Within the skin, there are many different types of receptors that are activated by different stimuli. When a receptor is activated, it triggers a series of nerve impulses must make their way up to the brain.